Thursday, May 31, 2012

what is it about quiet time...

What is it about those moments where you have nothing to do, and should be relaxing - those moments that you want so badly -  that cause you to think about things that are not realistic.  For example - I am a working mom, a self-admitted busy body... but I still think about how awesome it would be to stay home and have babies and be nothing but crafty and awesome.  Then I get sad thinking that I have somehow missed out on my son by working.

Then I snap back to reality... I can barely make it all weekend without leaving the house to do something, anything just to get a moment of peace from the madness of pets and kids and cleaning.  That doesn't mean that I don't want it - I am sure that I could find something to do...

Then when it's quiet - I am bored.  No one needs my help, I don't need to dodge that sneaky lego that always seems to find my bare foot, and I am not leaning against the sink to put in my contacts and leaning back to realize that I am covered in sparkly kids Crest and need to change. Again.

While there is something magical in those quiet moments... I can't help but to miss the chaos of my 'real life'.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment