Monday, June 11, 2012

our story

Our story is pretty simple, but it's also quite complicated.  Jerod and I have known each other for more than half of our lives, we grew up less than a block away from each other.  Better to say that we knew of each other, had a 'high school moment' (that's what we will call it) and then ran into each other again in October of 2005 at Lucky's.  We have been together ever since.  While the road was not always pretty - we have overcome so much in our nearly seven years together.

On January 14, 2007 - Jerod asked me to marry him after the AFC Championship game, yes - he got down on his knees and yes - I cried. 


On October 03, 2008 - we found out that we were having a little Lambert (not planned, but not completely unplanned either - just the will of a higher power I think).  This obviously changed our wedding planning.

We were married at a little chapel in downtown Columbus on May 19, 2008, three weeks before Kingston came to join us.  We wanted to officially be 'The Lamberts' before he arrived ♥.

Kingston's arrival made us begin to look at where we were and where we wanted to be, and the change in direction began by December 2007.  We worked really hard, and have accomplished all of what we have set out to do so far. There is much more on the horizon.

When Jerod and I started dating, I knew that our lives would always be a little bit different.  Jerod had two kids from a previous relationship.  This meant that I was taking on a ready made family - and all of the drama that came with it.  

There are days that it is hard to be the wife of someone who has constant stress with not being able to do everything that he wants to do for his daughters - and not being able to make it better.  And it took a lot of time and support to undo all of the negativity and doubt caused by both his ex and his own mother.  

Jerod loves with his whole heart.  I am lucky to say that I am the one who has that love - and his daughters are worth all that we have been through to get where we are.

While I remain the person that gets 'blamed' because my husband stands up for himself and is not afraid to voice his opinion - I am so proud that he has the confidence in himself to do this.  All I have ever done is help my husband remember that he is worth it, they are worth it - and most of all - if he wants it, go after it.  He is a great dad to all three of his kids!



We are still reaching and exceeding our goals together as time goes on, which means that we are doing something right, and the sacrifices that we have made are worth it. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment