Friday, November 16, 2012

Advocare and all that is cleansing in my world

So I am on day three and doing better than I thought after carving out 90% of all of the things that I love and reach for when I want to eat.  Some things are harder to give up than others, but mostly - it's just about convenience.  I am an instant gratification person - if I am hungry - I want it, like yesterday.

I tend to be a bit impatient in most aspects of my life.  I want resolution and answers and results NOW.  Something to work on, especially as I am going through this lifestyle change.  Weight loss and the change to my body will take time.  I need to remain steadfast in my efforts, and the change will come.

Let's be clear - I am not trying to be skeletor.  I like being curvy, but I'd rather be firm curvy with the shape that I want.  And that shape is NOT round and lumpy lol.

That being said - me and the Advocare cleanse fiber drink are absolutely not friends.  I cannot get that crap to stay down for any amount of time.  As soon as I swallow it, back up it comes.  It was worse than morning sickness.  So - fiber supplements and I will begin our journey for the rest of this cleanse phase (7 more days if you are counting along with me).

My poor husband is trying to do this too, though I think he is a little worse for the wear without his icees.  What we can have is limited, but not unreasonable if you are committed to it.  Pre-baby body is a good motivator for me - and I am just ready.  I started this on a Wednesday, the week before Thanksgiving because I am firm in my belief that if you are not ready to make a change - it doesn't matter when you start - you are not going to follow through.  I am going to be faced with all kinds of obstacles in my life.  How I deal with those obstacles determines what I will get in return.  It's all about choices.  Choices that are the best for you, even if they are not always what you want. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Health information in the life is always very important. So the suggested project is really exceptional as far as the health information is concerned.The AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse system can help rid your body of toxins and waste with its unique blend of herbal ingredients.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Did you do well on the cleanse using fiber supplements? I cannot keep them down either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, actually. I lost 10 pounds in the first 10 days of the 24 day challenge. There is a new peach flavored one that is supposed to be a lot better, but I am still a little gun-shy!!

      Delete