Saturday, November 17, 2012

updates and anger

We'll start with the updates... so today is day four of my twenty four day Advocare challenge. I am down four pounds.  My cravings have not been too bad, with the exception of a nice hot cup of coffee with creamer and sugar.  I informed a good friend today that I might actually claw someone's eyes out for a cup.  Alas, that's why this is a 'challenge', right?  I miss beer too, some days more than others. Six more days. :)

And onto the anger... I get tired of not being a priority.  It happens in more than one area of my life.  I like to think that I return the respect that I am given.  I am tired of being taken for granted, tired of being an afterthought, I am just tired.  I am also tired of being angry.

I made a commitment to myself that I was going to make it a point to change my life this year.  Personal growth comes at a cost; realizations that we are not going always like where we are and what we have done, some people that we have in our lives shouldn't really be there, and some people that we have left behind actually should have.  There is no simple answer and no simple solution.  The only thing that is certain is that time has a way of bringing us the answers we seek.  Sometimes later, sometimes sooner, ready or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment